Company Name:Swachh Bharat Mission - Govt. of India (https://swachhbharat.mygov.in/)
Number of openings:30 (Students are required to work in Groups of 2. Click the yellow tab above 'Click here to Apply'. Both Members of the Team need to Apply Here individually. You are also required to Register your Team using this Link - http://goo.gl/forms/Np1VO5KQ8V)
Completed Date:25th February, 2017
Start Date :Selected Students Will be Expected to Start Work Within 7 Days of Applying
About the company
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Also known as "Clean India Mission" or "Swachh Bharat Mission") is a national campaign by the Government of India, covering 4,041 statutory cities and towns, to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country. The campaign was officially launched on 2nd October 2014 with the objective of achieving a "Clean India" by 2019, Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary. It is India's biggest ever cleanliness drive and 3 million government employees and school and college students of India participated in this event. The Ministry of Urban Development is pleased to announce a program for students from all colleges across the country - Via OysterConnect.com. The intent of the program is to involve the College Student Community in a proactive manner to participate and contribute to the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Skills you will Learn
- Creative Writing
- Social Media
- Your First Task is to Find a Team Member and Register your Team using this Form Link
- Make sure that your Team Member has also applied to this project.
- If either of the Team Members has not applied to this project, your selection will be cancelled.
- Once you have done the above, you will be sent more details on the next level project tasks (mentioned below) on the day of project initiation.
- Click Here to Register Your Team
- Create a List of 12 Schools in your Locality whom you will target for conducting the Pledge Program. Your target is to cover 10 schools under the Pledge Program. However, keep a buffer of 2 or more schools in case you don't receive a positive response from everybody.
- Contact the Top Management (Principals/ Assistants & Secretaries of Principals) of these schools to finalize the Date & Time to conduct Swachh Bharat Pledge Program in their schools (Via a Phone Call followed by an Email). Follow up via Phone & Email as required.
- On the scheduled Date, go to the schools and complete the following activities as part of the Pledge Program:
- Get students from the schools to take a verbal Pledge on cleanliness,
- Get the Principal to Fill out and Sign the pledge form,
- Take Pictures & Videos of the Pledge Taking & Form Signing,
- Before leaving, note down the Email Address/ Physical Address of the Schools where a Swachh Bharat Pledge Certificate will be either emailed or couriered to them later.
- After the visit to the school, submit the pledge forms and Activity Pictures/ Videos on the website - https://swachhbharat.mygov.in/
- Register or Log In on the Website - https://swachhbharat.mygov.in/
- Click on “Mass Pledge” and fill up the form for each school you have visited. Take a screenshot before submitting it.
- Click on “Submit Activity” and fill up the form for each school you have visited. Take a screenshot before submitting it.
- Submit the Screenshots & the Pictures you have uploaded to OysterConnect Team (Email them to the Project Manager)
- Create a Project Document containing the following items:
- Brief Project Report outlining the work you have done as a part of this program (Mention Numbers in a Table or Chart Format) - Not more than 2 Pages
- An Idea Essay: In the next part of the Students will be asked to present their ideas and solutions for Swachh Bharat in 3000 word essay. The idea note will necessarily have to articulate the impact and execution details. The solution provided will have to assume a real time problem in an area within 5 km of where a student resides. The most innovative and well detailed out idea will get a special recognition certificate from the Jury.
Project Pre-SelectionIf you have applied to this project, click here to fill the Pre-Selection form.
Expected Project OutputCover 10 Schools in & around your locality to conduct the Pledge Program.
Upload the Pledges & Activity Media on Website via the 2 forms mentioned.
Submit a Project Document containing your Work Report & 1 Idea Essay of 3000 words.
Type of Interaction
Virtual with Field Work, with flexible work hours. Student will be expected to spend 10 hours/week. Student will be required to do field work in the specified location. All interaction will happen over email/Group Chat/phone. No need to visit the office.
Any Additional Information
- Students will be provided the following by the Mentor/ Ministry:
- An Authorization Letter for visiting schools,
- Pledge Text (In English & Hindi) to be read out during the verbal pledge taking,
- Pledge Form which the Principals on each school need to fill & sign.
- Other supporting documents such as FAQs, Process Guidelines, Pledge Schedule, Phone & Email Pitch for contacting schools, etc.